> Home > Laptop insurance
Laptop insurance from Laptopguard
With the growing numbers of laptop users, laptop insurance is considered essential. Laptops are now used at work, at home, at university and people of all ages are using them. Laptopguard provides low cost laptop insurance for laptops less than 5 years old.
Because of the massive rise in users, laptops are now being targeted by thieves so it's well worth factoring in the cost of insurance when buying a laptop.
Don't become a laptop theft statistic!
Recent figures from UK police forces show that over 34,000 laptops are stolen each year, this means nearly 100 laptops are stolen each day and not forgetting these are only figures which are actually reported to the police.
The most common claim is for laptops which have been left in the boot of a car or putting a bag down containing a laptop whilst buying train tickets. These are the top two must common laptop insurance claims in the UK.
There are a couple of basic rules to help prevent laptop theft:
- Never to leave your laptop unattended in a public place
- Never leave your laptop on show in your car.
Of course in addition to those golden rules above, it's a good idea to make sure you take every precaution, so you don't end up having to claim on your laptop insurance and worse still, lose valuable memories or data.
Whilst many companies will provide insurance for laptops, you need to be exactly sure what you are covered for. Laptopguard is a specialist laptop insurance product and we are confident that you won't find the same or better cover cheaper – if you do, we will give you double the difference back!
Laptopguard laptop insurance provides:
- Cover against accidental damage and theft up to £3000 (items over 18 months old are subject to a deduction for depreciation)
- Cover for specified accessories
- Replacement on a new for old basis (on items up to 18 months old)
- No excess
- In vehicle cover to protect your laptop whilst you travel
- Are cover with your choice of:
- UK only
- EU (including 30 days worldwide cover)
Laptopguard provides insurance cover for laptops up to £3000 in value and insures laptops up to 5 years old. The cover is suitable for anyone over the age of 16 - get a laptop insurance quote now.